Molecular researcher (BSc/MSc)
40 hours per week
IribovSBW is an independent service laboratory for plant breeding and propagation companies. The services consist of tissue culture, cell biology and molecular and flow cytometric analyzes to support breeding and plant production activities at clients. IribovSBW is part of the Iribov Holding, an international organization with laboratories in the Netherlands, North Macedonia and Ghana. As part of our growth strategy we have a vacancy for an assistant researcher within the Analytical Services R&D team. The team is engaged in research for the development of molecular plant pathogen tests, markers for genotyping, and ploidy determinations.
You will conduct research to develop new and optimize protocols for plant pathogen detection in a wide array of (horticultural) crops, develop markers to assist breeders in their selection or for quality control. Focus will be on the development and implementation of new molecular tests for pathogen detection from leaf tissue and seeds and to look into new techniques for detection. You manage your projects efficiently, independently, and report on project progress to the manager R&D of the analytical lab.
In order to fulfil this challenging position;
you have obtained a BSc or MSc in the field of molecular biology or biotechnology
- you have some years of experience with molecular techniques preferably with plants.
- You have a keen eye for technology and enjoy working in a multidisciplinary area.
- you have a result-oriented attitude and are able to organize your work.
- You are able to work independently as well as part of a team and you have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient in the Dutch language is a pré.
1704 BH Heerhugowaard
T: +31 (0)72 5742427
Acquisitions due to this vacancy are not appreciated